Values, Vision & Mission
FWPA Values Statement
FWPA fosters a workplace that is progressive and works to reflect the needs of its people, stakeholders, and wider industry.
FWPA staff and directors will:
- cultivate trust, fairness, and honesty in our relationships with each other and our peers.
- be ethical and honest in the use of the resources we are entrusted with.
- always act in the best interests of the company and its membership.
- set or adopt best practice standards in all that we do.
- be solutions focused with a commitment to evidence.
- pursue and embrace innovation through reflection and critical analysis.
- celebrate success and actively learn from failures.
- strive for continual improvement in the company’s economic, social and environmental sustainability.
- treat one another and the wider community with courtesy and consideration.
- seek and value opinions expressed through open dialogue.
- consider the environment and the broader community in our day-to-day activities.
- foster a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination and is accessible and inclusive of people with a variety of skills and backgrounds.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION
- work together internally and with stakeholders to achieve the highest standards of outcomes.
- use our drive and passion to energise, engage and inspire others.
- engage regularly with all our members and stakeholders.
- create a culture of warmth and belonging.
SAFETY & SUPPORT
- ensure a healthy and safe workplace for all.
- actively engage with others to better understand their needs for safety and support.
- take responsibility for behaviour that affects other people.
- be open to suggestions and responsive to feedback on improving performance.
The forest and wood products industry will grow as a result of increased demand for its market-oriented, sustainable and competitive products and services.
FWPA collaborates with government and industry stakeholders to determine strategy and deliver programs designed to grow the market for forest and wood products, increase productivity and profitability across the value chain, and ensure positive environmental and social outcomes.